Whey protein is the primary ingredient required in building muscle and increasing endurance. This article explains how you can consume it for the best results.
It is recommended for all those who have a protein deficiency, and particularly for those who wish to build muscle mass. Whey protein is an important substance to sustain muscle health.
You can buy whey protein in powder form – the powder is normally flavoured because pure whey has a slightly unpleasant aroma and taste.
Why use whey protein for muscle building?
Proteins are the building blocks of the body. They are required to build and repair the cells that comprises skin, hair, tissues, muscles and even the bones. Inadequate intake of protein slows down these essential processes. Those with a protein deficiency find that they recover from injury much slower, that they face muscle inflammation and soreness more acutely and also have poorer skin and hair health than those who consume the requisite amount of protein every day.
- So, what is whey protein? Whey is found in the liquid component of milk. It comprises pure protein, carbs, sugar and fats.
- It provides amino acids, leucine (a substance that stimulates protein synthesis) and pure protein to the muscles, which helps the release of anabolic hormones that improves the rate of muscle growth.
- Whey protein is essential for muscle building, recovery and maintenance. Thus, bodybuilders, and those who do extensive strength training regularly, buy whey protein supplements in the form of powders.
- Indian protein powder brands recommend a 30 gm serving daily. However, your requirement for it may go up to 50 gm per day if you are training to be a professional wrestler or bodybuilder, over and above the protein you get from your daily diet.
- Whey protein also has applications in fat loss. So, if you are looking to lose fat while gaining muscle definition and strength, then you must consume the powder every day.
- The best time to consume it is within 30 minutes of your weight training or endurance workout. It aids in the process of recovery and muscle building by first replacing the minerals and amino acids lost to exercise and sweating.
- You can improve the chances of muscle gain and strength by consuming whey protein concentrate or isolate powders.
How to use it?
Make sure to buy whey protein from leading brands only.
The container that the protein powder comes in contains a measuring scoop. Use the scoop to remove powder from the box, and add the portion to a glass of water or milk. Do not take more than the recommended serving per day, and be sure to drink a lot of water so that the kidneys may flush out the excess.