Physiotherapy as a treatment is a way of curing masses affected by some form of injury or a certain illness. The focus is usually on rectifying the defect in the body through muscular movement and it does not include any type of medicine consumption. As a widely known fact, Physiotherapy plays a very important role in the progress of health and prevention of diseases in the long term. Let’s face it, with increasing age and erratic lifestyles becoming the norm, there are certain illnesses that you need to keep an eye out on which may take a toll on your daily activities. In such a scenario, physiotherapy may seem like a promising treatment.
A customized physical therapy program can help individuals return to their prior level of functioning, and encourage activities and lifestyle changes that can help prevent further injury and improve overall health and well-being.
Here are the major benefits of a good physiotherapy:
· Helps significantly in reducing or even eliminating pain
· Avoids possible surgery and even if you undergo surgery, recovery is much faster
· Improves mobility as stretching and strengthening exercises can help restore the ability to move
· Recover from or prevent a sports injury
· Helps in improving balance and thus prevents any falls
· Manages diabetes and vascular conditions by effectively controlling blood sugar
· Manages age-related health issues such as arthritis, osteoporosis or joint replacement
· Manages women’s health primarily during pregnancy and post-partum care
Propel Physiotherapy, founded by Aileen is fiercely passionate about creating a community where everyone feels comfortable. With this focus in mind, they strive to provide personalised physiotherapy for all the residents of Moone Ponds, Brunswick, Essendson and the neighbourhood of north-west Melbourne suburbs. They provide outstanding, professional and affordable physiotherapy services to both men and women so as to empower them to get fitter, stronger, and healthier and lead an active life and a happier family. Apart from women’s health physiotherapy, the dedicated team of Aileen also offer clinical pilates exercise classes, injury rehabilitation and musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
Clinical Pilates exercise offers a wide array of safe, specific and effective exercises to treat numerous conditions, including lower back pain and chronic pain. It majorly helps athletes to improve movement and recovery as well as injury prevention. Rest assured, these clinical pilates are done by a trained physiotherapist who brings along a deep knowledge of injury, pathology, movement patterns, bodily function and healing.
Pregnancy Pilates can be extremely beneficial for prenatal mums. The movements are performed so as to strengthen deep abdominal muscles, postural, and pelvic floor muscles. This helps in accommodating the growing baby inside the womb or if you are already a mum, it can empower you to return to your normal routine while preventing any form of injuries at the same time.
Major Benefits of Clinical Pilates
· Improves balance and stability
· Helps in strengthening and toning
· Better bone density
· Enhancement in movement, agility and flexibility
· Improved technique in specific movements like dancing, running or playing golf
· Useful for any age group
· Personal 1:1 session includes reformer guided exercise session
· Home exercise program can be prescribed
· Stretching and core rehabilitation
· Spinal mobility exercises